What We Do
Architect ServicesMinuta Architecture, PLLC, is a full-service architectural firm located locally in the Mid-Hudson Valley of New York. Our mission is to provide Architecture for the way you live, work and play through improving the quality of life of individuals, corporations, organizations and communities. Minuta Architecture’s vast array of projects enables us to adapt our trained design philosophies to your project. We take pride in providing services which are reminiscent of a more sensitive time when a client’s needs came first and the Architect was the client’s guide and confidant. Our firm has worked with many organizations, local and state governments, large corporations and home owners. We pride ourselves on our reputation and stand behind our work and the impeccable Minuta Architecture name.
Preliminary DesignPreliminary design includes establishing the owner’s wish list, priorities, and design suggestions. We create basic sketches and develop information for the proposal, including the potential cost of the project. The preliminary design defines the scope of work and establishing the working parameters of the existing site and building.
Schematic DesignThe schematic design phase is comprised of research, analysis of the property, including zoning and code requirements. We establish the shape and site of the building with some basic plans of each space. We create a plan that documents how the project will work within the budget. A schematic plan shows the general model of where rooms will be located and specifies the placement of doors and windows. This phase begins implementation of the design scope of work.
Design DevelopmentDuring the design development phase we select materials, finishes, and fixtures. Mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment are selected. The drawings are revised with greater detail. Engineering starts with expanding on the schematic design phase. We verify that we have Code Compliance and work with the engineers to design the structure.
Construction DocumentsWe create the final working documents for submission to municipalities and other authorities having jurisdiction for permitting and construction. These documents are what the contractor uses to construct the project.
Bidding & NegotiationThe bidding and negotiation phase solicits contractors who will construct the work. We create instructions for bidders and bid forms for interested contractors to bid your project. We advertise and solicit contractors for this phase. We perform a pre bid walkthrough of the site we are building with the contractors so they become familiar with the project location and have an opportunity to ask questions and get answers. Contractors are required to submit their qualifications and their bid. Our firm then compiles the information and works with the client to select the best fit for the project.
Construction AdministrationOnce the contract is award to the most responsible bidder we create the contract between the owner and the general contractor. We provide onsite support to ensure the project runs smoothly and is being constructed in accordance with the construction documents. We ensure the project is being completed in a timely manner and receive applications for payment from the contractor, which we evaluate and inform the owner how much is due at such time. Change orders may happen in this phase and we assist in evaluating those change orders for discovered conditions or additional items the client may like to have. We also assist with building inspections, final close out and periodic documentation for lending institutions to release money. When this phase is complete, the project is finalized and upon a certificate of occupancy, the client may occupy the building for it’s intended use.
Evaluation and Planning Services
- Planning/ Zoning and Municipal
- Programming Functional relationships/flow diagrams
- Existing facilities surveys
- Marketing studies
- Economic feasibility studies
- Project financing Site analysis, selection, & development planning
- Detailed site utility studies
- On-site & off-site utility studies
- Environmental studies & reports
- Zoning process
- Architectural design documentation
- Sustainable design
- Structural design
- Mechanical design
- Electrical design
- Civil design
- Landscape design
- Interior design
- Special design
- Material research & specifications
- Tenant-related services
Bidding and Negotiation Services
- Project Bidding to find a Contractor
- Addenda/responding to bidder inquiries
- Analysis of alternates/ substitutions
- Special bidding
- Bid evaluation
- Contract award
Project Administration and Management Services
- Project administration
- Coordination of disciplines/documents checking
- Agency consulting/ review approval
- Value analysis balanced with budget & program
- Schedule development/ monitoring of the work
- Evaluation of budget & preliminary estimate of cost of the work
Construction Administration Services
- Construction observation and rejection of defective work
- Architect informs the client when and how much to pay the contractor based on amount of work completed
- Shop drawing submittal services
- On-site visits
- On-site project representation
- Testing & inspection administration
- Supplemental documentation
- Quotation requests/ change orders
- Cotract cost accounting
- Furniture & equipment installation administration
- Interpretations & decisions
- Project close-out & Certificate of Occupancy
Facility Administration Services
- Maintenance & operational programming
- Start-up assistance
- Record drawing
- Warranty review
- Postcontract evaluation
We strive to provide buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of those that use them. We believe that there is elegance in simplicity. We believe that a building is about more than its style or form. We believe that small details can make all the difference. We believe that a building should not be in nature but a part of it.